Internal Expanding shoe brake:
Working of Flywheel with the help of Turning moment diagram:
A flywheel used in machines serves as a reservoir, which stores energy during the period when the supply of energy is more than the requirement, and releases it during the period when the requirement of energy is more than the supply.
Advantages of V-belt drive over flat belt drive :
1. The V-belt drive gives compactness due to the small distance between the centres of pulleys.
2. The drive is positive, because the slip between the belt and the pulley groove is negligible.
3. Since the V-belts are made endless and there is no joint trouble, therefore the drive is smooth.
4. It provides longer life, 3 to 5 years.
5. It can be easily installed and removed.
6. The operation of the belt and pulley is quiet.
State the meaning of sliding pair, turning pair, rolling pair and spherical pair with one example each.
The centripetal acceleration is the rate of change of tangential velocity. When an object is moving with uniform acceleration in circular direction, it is said to be experiencing the centripetal acceleration.
Tangential acceleration is a measure of how the tangential velocity of a point at a certain radius changes with time. Tangential acceleration is just like linear acceleration, but it’s particular to the tangential direction, which is relevant to circular motion.