Internal Expanding shoe brake:
Working of Flywheel with the help of Turning moment diagram:
A flywheel used in machines serves as a reservoir, which stores energy during the period when the supply of energy is more than the requirement, and releases it during the period when the requirement of energy is more than the supply.
Advantages of V-belt drive over flat belt drive :
1. The V-belt drive gives compactness due to the small distance between the centres of pulleys.
2. The drive is positive, because the slip between the belt and the pulley groove is negligible.
3. Since the V-belts are made endless and there is no joint trouble, therefore the drive is smooth.
4. It provides longer life, 3 to 5 years.
5. It can be easily installed and removed.
6. The operation of the belt and pulley is quiet.
In a slider-crank mechanism, the crank is 480 mm long and rotates at 20 rad/sec in the counter-clockwise direction............