Program Name : Diploma in Automobile Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
Theory L)I. Machines Coursc C'ocic: 22-138
Program Code : AE / ME
Semester : Fourth
Course Title : Theory of Machines
Course Code : 22438
Knowledge of various mechanisms and machines is a pre-requisite for enabling a mechanical engineer to work in an industry. This course provides the knowledge of kinematics and dynamics of different machine elements and popular mechanisms such as four link mechanisms, cam-follower. belt-pulley_ chain sprocket. gears, flywheel, brake and clutch to enable a diploma holder to carry out maintenance of these and it also serves as a prerequisite for course 'Elements of Machine Design' to be studied in later semester.
The aim of this course is to help the student to attain the following industry identified competency through various teaching learning experiences:
• Use principles of kinematics and dynamics in maintenance of various equipment.
3. COURSE OUTCOMES (COs)
The theory, practical experiences and relevant soft skills associated with this course are to be taught and implemented. so that the student demonstrates the following industry oriented COs associated with the above mentioned competency:
- Identify various links in popular mechanisms.
- Select suitable mechanism for various applications.
- Interpret the motion of cams and followers.
- Recommend relevant belts, chains and drives for different applications.
- Choose relevant brakes and clutches for various applications
- Select suitable flywheel and governor for various applications.